Monday, February 4, 2008

Technology Issues

Well folks, I can't get the video to upload to the blog.  I don't know why it won't.  It is in Quicktime format and is only 16 kb.  Kristi, do you have any ideas?  I know you've posted one on your blog before.  It's a little frustrating.  Another thing that I'm not sure about yet-when I want to respond to people's comments, do I just add the comment on my blog, and then they will check back to see if I've responded?  Or is there a way to do it where it gets emailed to the person like the comments get emailed to me?  

I will just respond right here real fast.  After all, I haven't procrastinated enough today!  Shellie that's funny about the What is love song?  Except for the fact that it's in my head now!  I can't understand why James didn't go against his parents' wishes and watch an immoral show!  I also remember taking that little black and white TV into our room after everyone had gone to bed, and sitting at the very end of the bed with it so close we almost couldn't see the entire 12 inch screen or whatever it was, and watching Picket Fences.  It didn't seem bad for a while, but I do remember one disturbing part that made us decide not to do that anymore.  I think.  Oh and it's okay that we didn't clean or organize anything-I didn't feel much like doing it just yet!

Kristi, when I saw David's name and the comment left, it really surprised me that David said that!  It just didn't sound quite right!  But then I read it again in your voice and it was all much clearer!  I sure hope Jonathan is feeling better.  You've been having quite a time with those viruses.  Elena thinks the pictures of him on our refrigerator are "baby" and not Jonathan.  She says "ninanin" or something for Benjamin, but Jonathan is still very adamantly a baby.  They don't get names until they can prove they are not babies anymore I guess.  

I hope everyone's super bowl parties were fun.  We didn't have one-we went out to eat with some friends after church and came home to watch the last 51 seconds of the game.  Really, that was all you needed to watch.  If Daniel doesn't watch sports, it doesn't really bother him, but when he does, he gives a play-by-play.  Pretty loudly too.  I was laughing to myself last night.  NOW I BET THEY ARE GOING TO DO AN OFF-SIDE KICK.  OH WHY DIDN'T THEY DO THAT.  THAT WAS DUMB, NOW THE PATRIOTS ARE GOING TO. . . .!  I can't remember all that he said, but it was kinda cute.  Like that obsessive sports fan that I've been trying to suppress is coming to the surface!  

Now I've got to get stuff done.  I've been lazy all day.  We went to lunch with some friends for one of their birthdays.  Then we went to the park for 30 minutes and about got blown away.  I'm going to have to pick up Ema in a few minutes so there is just no time to do anything in between except this.  I haven't gotten to cross anything off my list yet which is a little disappointing.  I had such high hopes last night when I was thinking about it!

6 comments:

Shellie said...

Typically people you can answer the comments in the comments section. People (at least I do) usually check back on the comments. I had forgotten about Picket Fences. I think I remember the one scene you were talking about. It probably would pale in comparison to what we see on TV now. And so on to Daniel and the Off-sides kick-actually it is called an ON-side kick if they are trying to get the ball back after their own possession. Off-sides means they move before they snap the ball.-Just FYI. You just crack me up! It's beautiful here today, but a little breezy. Sorry you almost got blown away.

kristi@ishouldbemoppingthefloor said...

Hey there!
I'll send you an email about the video, I am not sure how much help it will be though! After I published that comment, I read it in David's voice, too, and sort of laughed to myself.
Benjamin loves to group your kiddos together and always says "the cousins". No offense to the girls, but he does refer to Eli by name quite frequently. It must be a boy thing!
I always check the box in the comment area to "Email follow-up comments to..." that way I can see if the blog owner replied to the comment or if someone else left a fun comment! Is that feature available to everyone? It seems sort of new.
Anyway. I'll drop you an email asap!

Syndi said...

about the things we see on TV today-which is why we are canceling our Dish Network. We're tired of commercials mainly-have you seen bratz commercials? The box in my comment area just says to email the follow up comments to my other email. I don't check that one much so I don't know! Thank you both for the help though!

Syndi said...

Okay I guess Elena erased the first half of my comment. I thought it just moved up. I said that it probably was an ON-side kick and I just didn't remember. Daniel knows what he's talking about-I don't! No kidding . . . (then into the other comment!)

Arly said...

I'm glad you dont let my precious neices and nephew watch or have anything to do with Bratz. They just make me want to throw them across the room. The bratz...not Ema/Eli/Elena... :)

tracey said...

Okay, the thing about Daniel giving a play-by-play in a very loud voice...that just cracked me up, because I could hear it so well in my mind once you said that. Thanks for the laugh.

So...does this mean I actually have to come back and check if you've replied to my comments/questions?!? =)

Miss ya.