Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Lazy Days




Here are a few pictures of our kids being sweet.  I realized that in almost 2 months, we have taken 8 pictures-2 of which were of the computer.  I'm guessing that was Eli's doing.  We need to get with it!  

So when I started this month, I had such high hopes.  Ambition was running through my veins, I was ready to work.  Now as I look back, I can barely remember the beginning of this month.   I guess I had to take a few days to input a year's worth of transactions for a client.  I remember that took me a lot longer than I expected because I just didn't feel good.  Then it all went downhill from there!  It seems like our whole family has been sick for the entire month.  Except Daniel-somehow he has missed out on the fun.  (He is starting to get a little something now though I think-I tried not to kiss him!)  So the house has gone to pot, Ema has stayed home from school for 3 days now.  I thought she was getting better this morning, but she still has a pretty high temperature.  The four of us are on antibiotics.  I'm still giving tylenol and motrin to Ema, but I had to have a chart for a few days to try and remember what I gave to who.  We are having Elena's birthday party on Saturday-just for family.  I am hoping I won't be rushing too much just to get the house clean.  I would never expect my parties to be as good as Kristi's, but someday I'd like them to be at least a little organized!  Kristi has that knack for putting together great parties with a theme and games and the whole shabang!  It could possibly be because she starts planning it before a week before the date-that's just a guess-I don't know!  Anyway you do a great job, Kristi!  

I'm trying to stop complaining so much, but sometimes it is such a habit for me-I guess I just think I am informing people of what's going on, but really it sounds like I think I've got the worst possible situation.  I really don't think that, so I will try to put a more positive spin on things!  I was talking to Daniel about something happening and I said, "If I do it, then I'll just start complaining about it," and he said, "yea, we wouldn't want that to start up."  I hope you can catch the sarcasm in his voice.  Anyway-I'm going to work on it. 
 
Other things that have happened this month:  Ema lost her first tooth.  She was expecting $100 from the tooth fairy, because after all, it was her first tooth.  But she was very satisfied with the $2 her cheap tooth fairy gave her!  (I can remember only getting a quarter. . .)   Elena is pretty close to being potty-trained.  It depends on how lazy I am being.  If she doesn't have a diaper on-just panties or pants (she likes going commando which is a little disturbing) she does really well.  She was pretty proud of herself today when she found some panties and put them on.  Nothing was covered, they were pulled up to her waist, but she had them on.  I guess she just put both legs into one hole and pulled them up.  She came to me and said "wook!" with a big grin on her face.  A couple of weeks ago, I hadn't gotten her dressed yet, partly because she does well potty training that way, and partly because of my laziness.  My client called and needed some checks made.  He said he'd be there in 20 minutes.  I thought surely I would have time to make the checks, the envelopes, brush my teeth, and get Elena dressed, but the envelopes wouldn't print right and he only gave me about 10 minutes.  So I was trying to hide a stark naked kid behind the door while trying to talk "professionally" to him, without exposing my disgusting teeth.  I was so embarrassed!   Maybe someday I will learn!

4 comments:

Shellie said...

Girl.. I love you. I'm laughing at your stories because I know you'd be laughing while you are telling them.

Arly said...

1. I"m sorry you guys had sickies
2. I LOVE the stark naked baby image that's in my head. Did she try to come out from behind the door??
3. Cute pictures!!
4. The tooth fairy in Oregon was a lot more stingy too. It was never more than a quarter.

kristi@ishouldbemoppingthefloor said...

It has been like the worst winter for illness. I'm sorry you guys have had your share of that. I hope you are all on the mend soon. You're awfully sweet because I never feel organized about bdays, I always stay up until 1 a.m. the night before.
I am amazed about the potty training with Elena-- that girl is on the ball! Way to go!

Take Care!!

tracey said...

So sorry y'all have been sick! And you really don't have to do this, but I tagged you, so check my blog if you get the time...because how busy can you be, what with a bunch of sick folks and a 2-year-old's party to plan? =) I hope Saturday goes wonderfully!!