Friday, January 4, 2008

We Just stay at home and fire rounds

We have been fighting with health issues this week.  On Monday, Ema was working out in the shop with Daniel and Papa.  When we went to the New Year's party, she showed me what looked like a bite.  I knew there aren't any mosquitos out, so I thought she had gotten bit by something in the shop.  The next day, she had quite a few more.  We thought she had the chicken pox because they have a blister/scab looking thing on them.  Then Elena got one also.  Ema and Eli have gotten the vaccination, but Elena (because I'm a bad mom who hasn't gotten her up-to-date with shots) hasn't had it yet.  But she only got one.  I took them to the doctor, and he said it could be the chicken pox, but since the vaccination, they haven't figured out what is "normal."  They can still get them, but it will be a much milder case.  But with Elena only having one, he doesn't think hers is c.p.  She would have been broken out everywhere with no vaccination.  But they look exactly the same.  Elena's may not be as red as Ema's.  Elena was also running a fever last week for no reason.  But to top all that confusion off, Elena started throwing up last night.  She woke up from her nap at 5:00 which is late, but there was smelly throw-up in her bed.  Then the next 2 or 3 times, she threw up on me which is the nastiest feeling.  I can't hardly handle vomit in the first place, and every time, I just stood there, disgusted, not knowing where to start cleaning up.  And as nasty as warm vomit is, it's even nastier trying to take a cold vomit covered shirt off over your head.  I really didn't wait very long to change-it sounds like I did.  Anyway-I'm sure you all are so happy that I got a blog so I could share disgusting stuff with you!  Really-I don't talk about it much.  Elena is not throwing up anymore, but now she is running a fever. 

So we have just been at home mostly.  Eli found "The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything" on our itunes and wants to play it over and OVER and OVER.  The first time he played it, I danced/jumped (cause that's the only dancing I know how to do!) with him.  We probably ended up doing that 15 times (my exercise for the day) until he had a meltdown because Daddy left him.  He thought he had decided not to go.  Yesterday, he wanted to listen to it again and I started singing "we are the pirates, who don't do anything, we just stay at home and lie around."  He said "No dey stay at home and fire rounds."  Then on the parts where it says "I've never plucked a rooster, ....never kissed a chipmunk...never gotten head lice," he repeats it like that's the craziest thing he's ever heard.  KISSED a CHIPmunk, HEAD WICE.  He makes me laugh.  

I've got to go sanitize my house if that's possible.  There's my first post.  Sorry to go into great detail.  Hopefully I'll find more interesting things to say in later posts!  

5 comments:

Shellie said...

The other day the Pirates song popped into my head. I don't know why, so I was singing it out loud until I realized what I was singing. There may have been people around, but I don't remember. Sorry the girls don't feel good. Elena puked on me the Sunday she was here and that was a nice feeling knowing that I didn't have time to take another shower

Arly said...

Ahh, I hope the kiddos are feeling better!! As of now, I have yet to be puked on... I'm kind of glad you live in Hobbs and not Abilene. However, I would gladly get puked on if I could help you out!

andrea said...

Did you ever figure out what was wrong? Poor babies! And you have definately given me something to look forward to as a mother: puke..yea..can't wait!!

kristi@ishouldbemoppingthefloor said...

Oh, I hate that for you all. I am an anti-puke mommy, too. I really meant for David to have put in his part of the wedding vows that he would be the puke-cleaner-upper. Usually he is if he is home.
If it is any small consolation,I have had to take off a puke-covered shirt, too. You're right, it does cool off fast. So gross that I just typed that.

Arly said...

Are the kiddos feeling any better? I sure hope so! And I hope that you haven't been puked on anymore since you wrote this... ~shudder~