Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Finally some pictures







I know a lot of you have seen these already because Shellie and Arly have some up, but here they are anyway. We've got some more on our camera, but the battery won't stay charged up. This is going to be short because I am having to do everything one-handed. Left-handed even because Everet is comfy in my right arm for a few minutes anyway. He's been a little fussy lately so if I can't do something with only one hand, it hasn't gotten done. I try to get a few things done when Daniel gets home, but have been pretty tired lately. Go figure.

A quick review of the last 2 weeks: A very quick (for me) surprise labor and delivery, surgery to assure this doesn't happen again, a bunch of family visiting and helping (thank you all SO much), a 10-day vacation for Daniel (so nice to have him here-the kids couldn't understand why he went to work this week), a week of weakness and soreness (I had to hold my belly to laugh), a clingy, slightly jealous 2-year old, supper being brought to us almost every night (incredibly helpful), first times back at church apparently with sick friends, 3 of the 6 of us throwing up (I also can't tell if Everet is spitting up or throwing up-it's been spewing today), Eli and I have managed to avoid it. We had a trip to the doctor today for an unhealed circumcision and yeast infection. Eli also had one a few days after he was born-maybe because of the penicillin I had to get during delivery? The girls didn't get one though-weird. We've had many "get out of his face" scoldings, lots of just sitting and holding, and a bunch of sleepless nights. It has been great though. That's all I can think of right now. Hopefully we'll get into some kind of routine soon. And I think I need to go and get me one of those slings to hold him in. I haven't been to Wal-mart in 3 weeks people! That's a new record for me! And our bank account appreciates it!

7 comments:

Shellie said...

Just think.. you would be just getting through the line at Wal-Mart, so you've gotten so much more accomplished. I hope Everet's owies heal soon. My favorite picture is the one where he is looking at Elena like "Who are you and what did you do with my mommy?"

Arly said...

YAY! I love baby nephews. Ok, so I love all my neices and nephews, but I'm really excited to finally see pictures!! :)

I'm glad you're doing well, and I too hope Everets owies heal quickly!!

tracey said...

Nice seeing the pics again. I think my favorite is Daniel holding him and all the kids peering over.

You have certainly had a crazy couple of weeks! So sorry there's been sickness in all of it. But when you said the thing about soreness and having to hold your belly to laugh, my first thought was, "At least she's laughing!" Even through the craziness, I can see you and Daniel still laughing a lot. =)

Congrats to you and Daniel, by the way. You have four beautiful kids there. Miss you guys.

Kelsey said...

Wow! That's a lot of stuff to have to deal with. I hope everyone is feeling better and I really hope they stay that way. He is absolutely precious. Congratulations!

David Dominguez said...

Great pictures, and glad y'all are doing well! Everet is one handsome guy!

kristi@ishouldbemoppingthefloor said...

Hooray for pictures! So glad to "see" him...even if it is via cyberspace and not in person yet! He looks just precious.
Sounds like you all have had a rough, yet joyous, few weeks. Hope all is getting back to "normal".
We sure can't wait to meet him. We've been discussing the when's and where's of that and I'll give you a ring soon. I am hoping we don't have to wait until the holidays! But, know we're thinking of you and love you all. Welcome, baby Everet.

kristi@ishouldbemoppingthefloor said...

P.S.-- Ummm, I believe it is now E to the 4th!